SADIQUE DISCUSSIONS BACK NUMBER1
1997.7.15 - 1998.7.12
[No:59][davide] [97/7/15 23:29:18]
- just surfing but i have serious interest in de sade and his interests and philosophies i guess i am a sadist lots of fun always ready to discuss and practice wm 52 in florida
[No:62][Hellkatze] [97/7/18 17:11:40]
- to Davide
I want to read your opinion about Sade or Sadism. When you put some comment on the board, then I can say something, too. (Though my English ability isn't enough to discuss Sade.)
[No:63][hoellkatze] [97/7/22 17:41:34]
- I guess Sade has got something like 'moral', that all gread artists have.
Although people of Sade's time regard Sade's thinking unmoral, now we feel some part of his thinking very normal.
[No:104][Donna Daleo] [97/11/23 6:47:0]
- I recently rented DARK PRINCE - intimate tales of Marquis De Sade starring Nick Mancuso -- which relates his story and contains passages from his story JUSTINE and 120 DAYS OF SODOM. I was intrigued and am searching for all information regarding his philosophy
[No:122][Renee] [98/2/14 1:24:59]
- I was just wondering how I can locate some of the works of Le Marque de
Sade in English....can you give me any suggestions, I know my local
library doesn't carry them.
[No:126][Mark Douglas Price] [98/3/12 23:49:41] [Comment Number-122]
- A PRINTING HOUSE CALLED PALADIN PUBLISHED THE 120 DAYS WITH FOREWORDS BY KLOSSOWSI AND SONTAG.ANY U.K. LIBRARY SHOULD BE ABLE
TO GIVE YOU DETAILS OF ISBN NO's,COST,AVAILABILITY ETC.
[No:127][MARK DOUGLAS PRICE] [98/3/13 0:14:54]
- Margaret Crosland;'The Gothic Tales',Published by Picador, London 1992. ISBN NUMBER 033031956. Also 'The Mystified Magistrate' Published by Owen,London 1992. ISBN NUMBER 072060849X. Hope this is of some help in finding English translations in non-English libraries. I apologise to Japanese correspondents for being unable to write in their language. Gi,dojo,obi,taisho,mawashi geri and empi are the only words we get a chance to learn in England. There are some interesting comments by Yukio Mishima in an introduction to a deeply Sadean piece of writing by the French author Georges Battaille,a book of three stories entitled 'The Dead Man ; Madame Eduarda ; and My Mother.' They are in some ways reminiscent of Mishima's 'Confessions of a Mask', but if you want really strong material in the Sadean tradition you could do a lot worse than Battaille's 'The Story of the Eye.' Good luck in finding the translations,but don't be discouraged they are out there!! Regards , MDP
[No:133][Justin] [98/4/4 3:15:54] [Comment Number-123]
- What was de sades relationship with his father
[No:135][Brook Wills] [98/4/11 3:13:10]
- J'残ris ma th峻e sur Sade et je suis pass� voir ce que vous faites ici sur ce site. J'aimerais bien en discuter avec des gens pour avoir des opinions diff屍ents sur cet auteur/philosophe si contest�.
[No:136][Melody Lee] [98/4/14 1:25:14] [http://www.askme.com]
- To Justin--
You asked about de Sade's relationship with his father. From what I've read, very close. (Some would disagree, but I'm relying on letters sent by the two). His mother, on the other hand, was pretty much absentee.
[No:138][D.Roberts] [98/4/24 16:11:23]
- What's to like about the guy? Personally, I thought the guy was a piece of shit. Actually he was lower than shit. I am not an ignorant person. I know quite a bit about De Sade and have read his works. I just plain can't think of one nice thing to say about the guy. His death was of no loss for anyone..... I think that anyone who idolized him should have their fucking head examined!
[No:139][Dominic] [98/4/29 6:31:19]
- I am looking for a picture of the Marquis de Sade's coat of arms
Je suis a la recherche d'un dessin du blason du Marquis de Sade
Can anyone help please?
Est ce que quelqu'un pourrai m'aider?
[No:141][Melody Lee] [98/5/11 0:8:12] [Comment Number-138]
- To D.Roberts--
You're entitled to your opinion, but I think this comment, on this page, is a lot like going into a sushi bar and raving about how horrible raw fish is. If you dislike deSade and his "fans", then why come to a page primarily _about_ him to complain?
[No:143][amaclean] [98/5/13 20:8:16] [Comment Number-1]
- man no longer unites with nature except in crime
[No:144][george] [98/5/15 3:15:11]
- I do not know for all that, what was attractive about this person;but I immediately felt it was very simple matter to love such a man.
[No:145][george Tirado] [98/5/15 3:22:16]
- Also look for when the whip comes down Jermay Reeds and Passoline's salo both most impressive
[No:146][OPUS] [98/5/18 17:29:22]
- NEW COMPENSATIONS FOR ME...
[No:147][Richard kelly] [98/5/18 21:24:11]
- This is my first visit to this site. I am glad I found it.
[No:148][Xdivo II] [98/5/22 11:18:23] [Comment Number-148]
If theres anyone knowledgable about the philosophies of the
Marqui De Sade in detail could you please reply.....
a dedicated student of educated debauchery
[No:149][Sunita] [98/5/25 2:30:25] [Comment Number-149]
- I live in a country where even simple ol Porn is banned..not to mention Marquis our pal. The Univeristy library I have access to has comments on his writings but none of the real works. Is there any site where any of his works are available on line?? I will be eternally grateful...
[No:150][dennis gee] [98/5/31 12:40:39]
- curious to see what is being said about the divine marquis
[No:151][Laird Ruthven] [98/6/5 14:28:25] [Comment Number-151] [http://members.wbs.net/homepages/s/p/u/spudonspeed.html]
I just found this site tonight, and would like to express my appreciation to those responsible. This is the first and only site I have found dedicated to the Marquis which can see beyond all the silly sex games and speaks seriously of the man and his works. I look forward to visiting often.
[No:152][marek] [98/6/7 7:39:22] [Comment Number-152]
- Tonight I entered for the first timie in Internet. And searchnig for the interesting sites, I typed very quickly: "de Sade". I must be a "sadomaniac", huh?
[No:153][Hill, Ricardo] [98/6/14 7:13:41]
- I wrote a book in Spanish about the social and legal aspects of Sade's work, which most people ignore. Also about his metaphysical conception of life and the universe, opposite of Rousseau's ideas, as Camille Paglia has pointed out. The book :
"Lo Social/Sexual/Inmortal. El "sadismo" en la vida cotidiana was published by the "Universidad Automa de Nuevo Le", M騙ico, in 1996. I can send an abstract to anyone interested (in French or in English).
[No:154][MIHO] [98/6/19 13:36:0]
- HI,THIS IS JAPANESE STUDENT WHO IS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO CORRESPOND. I HOPE THAT IT WILL BE ONLY IN JAPANESE, ENGLISHE,OR FRENCH. NOT OTHERS,THANKS.
SALUT,C'EST UNE ETUDIENTE JAPONAISE QUI CHERCHE QN.A CORRESPONDRE.J'ESPERE QUE CA SERA SEULEMENT EN FRANCAIS, ANGLAS,OU EN JAPONAIS. PAS D'AUTRE,MERCI.
[No:155][Tracy] [98/6/27 8:55:4]
- Question: The things in "120 Days of Sodom"--are those things he did, or just made up? Sorry for my ignorance; I'm just starting to learn about him. Also, is his name the source of the term "sadist?" Thanks for your help and time.
Question: Est-ce que le mot <<sadism>> parce que le nom Sade? Aussi: Les choses dans <<120 Days>> Est-ce que le marquis fait les choses ou seulement parle a les choses? (SVP pardonnez mon francais; j'ai oublie beacoup.) Merci! Vous pouvez responder en francais ou anglais.
[No:156][pitasd] [98/6/29 3:23:18] [Comment Number-1]
i am looking for any and all info regaurding the Marqis De Sad especially in the feild of his unique Erotisism please forward info to my e mail and any one who has this tendacy please feel free to contact me thank you
[No:164][Laird Ruthven] [98/7/5 10:28:16] [Comment Number-164]
In answer to the two questions posed by Tracy...
i) Regarding the atrocites of "120 Days of Sodom" there exists no evidence to believe that the noble Marquis actually behaved in this fashion. The vast majority of the crimes he was interned for dealt with the authority's reactions to his written works, i.e. censorship. The few times that he was arrested for sexual crimes occured during the monarchy, at which time the precise nature of the crimes committed by the mid to upper aristocracy were not made known to the general public. What is known of these actions largely comes from the memoirs of fellow aristocrats, and even at that, the details are somewhat lacking. In my personal opinion, the Marquis committed few, if any, of the atrocities presented in the book in question. These were, in my opinion, little more than fantasies seeking both sexual gratification as well as ultimate vice through the medium of literature. Although it is perhaps cheesy in nature, I feel the erotic works of Anne Rice, especially the "Sleeping Beauty" series, is very similar in nature. Would you believe that she has endured the treatment she fantasizes of? Not likely, and in the same vein, the Marquis never did everything he wrote of either. Or such, at least is my opinion, and no evidence exists to counter it.
In answer to your question regarding the term "sadism," yes, the term is entirely derived from the Marquis' noble name. The Marquis created quite a stir through his writings, and as, to that date, no man had not only freely admitted but even bragged of, justified, and translated to literature such tastes; it is only natural that later observers and commentators would adopt his name as the properly applicable term.
[No:165][MelodyLee] [98/7/12 2:3:35]
- For those who have access to the A&E channel (Arts and Entertainment), they're re-running an episode of "Biography" on the 14th (Bastille Day) that focuses on deSade.
Their webpage is at: http://www.aande.com/index2.html
check there for listings in your area. Cheers!
[No:166][vidaluna] [98/7/12 16:8:13] [Comment Number-1]
- Hello, I am illustrating Juliette and am looking for a publisher. I would like to do an entire illustrated edition if possible. If not, then I would like to publish the paintings along with selected portions of the text. Any suggestions?